Why should I become a member of the PTSA and help fund its programs?Your membership in the PTSA directly benefits your child (see National Flyer on Participate in PTSA). The DRHS PTSA is the only organization that improves the educational experience of every DRHS student, family, and staff member. For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTSA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. We fund our budget through your tax deductible direct donation.
Where does all that money go?
Programs and Sponsorships
- Parent and Student educational programs
- Sponsors Reflections program
- 7 Scholarships offered to Senior applicants
School & Teacher Needs
- Provides and compiles the Back to School folders given to each student
- Facilitates the sale of spirit wear
- Freshman Orientation
- Organizes volunteers for special projects and many areas of the school
- Landscaping and beautification
- Purchases educational materials not provided by Henrico County (ex: calculators, computers for labs)
- Reimburses teachers for continuing education classes
- Funds and sponsors Senior Baccalaureate
- Monthly meals and treats to DRHS staff
- Senior Picnic
Also check out 15 Things You Can Do to Engage. We appreciate your generous donation to the PTSA.
DRHS PTSA Membership # 221410
Link to VA PTSA Member Benefits (May 2016)–> Benefits
Membership Paper Form --> Membership Form
For more information about